Thursday, December 15, 2005

Hot Air

So here's a vent. I was debating on whether to post it on my regular journal, but it's all wedding-related, so here we are.

It's just that this reception venue stuff is really very frustrating. Almost everywhere that we've called so far that's free on May 6 is either expensive or unaccomodating. And the cool inexpensive places are either booked or unaccomodating. It's aggravating.

I did a lot of research tonight, though. I even looked into places like country clubs and hotels that just seemed too much like wedding factories or stuffy posh places for our little reception/party. I found a few that seem promising, so I'm hoping they pan out. I have my eye set on the Pacific Corinthian Yacht Club. They're inexpensive, yet with high class food. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up on that one. Their website mentions sponsorship by a member, and I certainly don't know anyone with a yacht club membership...

The thing that's really getting to me is that some of these places sound fantastic, but they're about $1000 out of our price range. Which seems like a lot to us, because that's about 1/5th our budget, but is really not that much at all. And then one place is completely affordable and perfect, but not available on May 6. And another place that's totally affordable doesn't allow music after 8pm because of another event that day. It's just all these near misses are really grating on me because I just want to have it over and done with.

Honestly, I wouldn't completely mind having our reception at the park. I had visions of a glitzy, slightly over the top reception before, but I don't now. We're not glitzy people. Something fancy would be nice and probably fun, but I don't need it. I just hate being dragged from one end of the spectrum to the other. I hate having my expectations change so drastically day by day. One day, I'm thinking we're having picnic tables, plastic cups, and Subway sandwiches. Which would be fine, except the next day, I'm thinking we might have round dining tables, glass goblets, and tri-tip au jus. It's so frustrating!

I kinda just want to pick a place, go with it, and be done with it. But some places sound like a deal, but they're really not. And some places sound like they're very expensive, but they're really not. Like now that I'm thinking about it, I looked at a hotel online today that actually seems like it might be a better deal than the Yacht Club, depending on the circumstances. But since everything's not all that it seems, I have to do some really tedious calculations. Blargh! Blargh, I say!

I want to have a wedding I can comfortably afford. But, at the same time, I don't want to sacrifice anything that would ease my mind a little. I just don't want to stress out on my wedding day, you know? I don't mind stressing out the days before, but I just want to sit back and feel confident that there'll be food and drinks and people to serve them when I get to the reception. I'm a worrier by nature. I don't want to worry more than I have to on my wedding day. I want to enjoy it as much as I can. I think that, at least, is one of the most reasonable things to want out of my wedding.

2 Comments:

At January 05, 2006 8:36 PM, Blogger CoconutNimz said...

dont worry stinker! on your wedding day, you just worry about looking pretty and not tripping and stuff like that, and you can forward all the other worries to me. you can even bitch at me and i'll take it with a smile...i think that's in like the maid of honor oath or something. but seriously, if there are any problems on the day of, i will do my best to take care of them without you having to worry. i dont really know what i'm doing either, but i'll figure it out by then i swear!!

 
At January 07, 2006 4:18 PM, Blogger Kristine N. said...

LOL, knowing me, I'd probably trip on the way up to the altar. Remember that time I tripped on the way up to the altar during the 8th grade May ceremony? So embarrassing. Good times.

I'll definitely try to remember to delegate responsibilities to you and Ciara. I'll have to make a list. Jay is also really into helping, so he'll probably be doing a lot of stuff too. You have to remind me, cuz knowing me, I'll try to take on all sorts of responsibilities by myself without asking for help. It sucks being a control freak. =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home