Thursday, December 08, 2005

Cranes

Lately, I've been spending a lot of my time at wedding websites and communities that have creative ideas. Craftster.org has a smallish section for wedding crafts, and Indiebride.com has a great forum for brides who think outside the box.

While flipping through some threads today, I found out that cranes are often used for symbolic reasons in Japanese weddings. Cranes mate for life and are very devoted to their partners. Both cranes work together to build their nest and care for their young. And many people know the myth about the 1000 cranes. They say that if you fold 1000 origami cranes, one of your greatest wishes will come true.

I was thinking I'd like to incorporate them into the wedding somehow. Like setting a crane at each seat, or hanging silver cranes on strings. Or just having two of them on each table. My favorite idea is to have 2 origami cranes act as our cake topper. I'll have to run it by Sam, because I think he wanted something really cool and very personal, but I really like the symbolism, and I think it'll be very pretty. (But I always feel bad because I've kinda run amok with all my wedding ideas and I don't think I've been giving him enough chance to contribute...)

Anyway, here are some pretty pictures of cranes from this origami website:


Like white cranes on parade!

Pretty blue cranes...

The purplish pink ones look like they're having a conversation!

I'm entirely too easily entertained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home