Saturday, December 03, 2005

Cordially Invited

So nearly a year ago, I bought quite a bit of cardstock at Michael's for a total of about $12, thinking that it'd be good for making my own invitations. But I didn't really know what style I wanted to do. I didn't want something very complicated, because it'd be hard to cut up the same way every time. But I wanted to be able to include a lot of information (like reception site, RSVP, directions...), presented in a nice way. After much searching, I think I found what I want, with this creation from Craftster.org:


I think it's nice! It's a simple booklet style. Pretty, with a meaningful quote. And each "page" has different information:


I already have some ideas of pictures I'd like to use for the front of the invitation, but most of them require the time of someone who's good with a digital camera. It'd be nice to go to the Gardens of the World in Thousand Oaks and just take artsy pictures. Not ones with our faces just plastered over the front, but something understated and romantic. Maybe I could teach Nimalee how to use my camera and we'll go there someday soon.

I had already gathered some quotes about love on my other wedding journal, so I was thinking about using this one for the words on the front of the invite:

"I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever." ~Rabindranath Tagore

I think it's very romantic. But I kinda liked the quote the girl used in the above invite, because it sounds like an invitation, you know? I'll ask Sam about it, and we'll look at more quotes too before deciding.

Okay, it's late. Time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home