Wednesday, November 16, 2005

This Dress: Wanted Dead or Alive

First off - Sam, you stay out of the comments of this post, okay? I want anybody who wants to comment to be able to talk about what it looks like. Thanks, Honey!

Okay, so a couple weeks ago, I found this dress on Ebay, with a starting bid of $150.


Beautiful, isn't it? I really like it, and something like this would normally run about $500 or more. Here are some more pictures with detail:


I love it, and tried bidding on it, but I didn't have much money to spare because I had just paid rent. I was willing to bid up to $180, since the shipping was $20. So it would turn out to be a nice round $200. But someone had already bid on it. And their highest bid was always higher than mine. I even went a little higher than I intended on bidding. But I didn't want to get caught in it and try to buy a dress I could afford, but only just barely, with little money left for going out to eat or gas or if an emergency came up... So I let it go.

But now I've become a little obsessed with finding it. I've looked tons of places online! The seller said it was by Allure Bridals, but I looked on their website and it isn't there. It's probably one of those "last season" things, which is likely why it was being sold for cheap. So that's all I know about it, folks. I really don't want to get too obsessed with it, just in case I don't find it. Whatever dress I end up wearing will probably be very pretty. But keep an eye out for it, okay?

I might end up having it made in the Philippines... I don't really want to because I'm a control freak and would like to know at least exactly what it'll look like... But it would be free. (My aunt offered to pay for it and arrange it.) I've gotta think about it.

I plan on at least going to some bridal stores to see what styles look good on me. (Also to see if I can find my Ebay dress!) Preferrably before January, because I'd like time to have a dress made if I need to... I also need to see if my mom would like to accompany me and Ciara and Nimalee... but that's a whole other issue.

Anyway, watch for this dress, okay? Or maybe something similar? And I'll post more about dresses in the comments, or in another post. Let me know what you think!

2 Comments:

At November 17, 2005 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of the time its impossible to find an exact dress cause sometimes they're originals, or created by seamstresses that mixed and matched patterns of other dresses. You've probably already looked at this one but I'm posting it anyway:

http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/store/kathryn.html

that is as close as I've seen them come. plus its pretty affordable. you won't have the pretty blue though =P

 
At November 17, 2005 3:54 PM, Blogger Kristine N. said...

Hi Sharon! *waves*

That's very pretty! I really like the embroidery. I've been looking at dresses that look pretty similar. I like corset-style dresses cuz they're adjustable and more likely to fit me without alterations. The less I have to spend the better. (which is why I'm looking at dresses on Ebay =P)

I know that certain designers mass-produce their dresses, so they have certain styles that are the same in every other bridal store. I think this might have been one of them, but I have a feeling it's discontinued... So anyway, yeah... probably hard to find. Lord knows I've been looking!

Eek! Back to work! o.O;;

 

Post a Comment

<< Home