Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ich bin ein jelly donut!

I bought The Sims 2: Open for Business expansion pack on Saturday, so I have done barely anything productive over the past few days. o.O;; I spent hours upon hours playing it! I knew there was a reason why I had stopped playing the Sims for months... It's a highly addictive game.

Lately, when I space out at work, I've been having these daydreams (daynightmares? daymares?) where the wedding just goes completely wrong. Like those dreams you have in school just before a final exam where you go into the test, look at the questions, and suddenly realize that you haven't studied, haven't read the past 10 chapters, and didn't realize that the course was taught entirely in German, so if you actually did know the material on quantum physics (which, you don't, because you barely passed high school chemistry), you can't read the test cuz all the questions look like "Ich liebe dich! Wunderbar!".

So, like that, only about the wedding. =P I imagine guests milling around looking hopelessly confused, the food comes out and it's not what anybody expected and actually looks kinda like lumps of coal on a fancy plate, nobody's dancing, the restaurant didn't get set up so everything's a mess, and my dress never came so I'm not wearing much of anything. Which would be fine for a Betazoid wedding (nerd moment), but not for ours. Okay, the last part is an exaggeration for the sake of the nerdy reference, but the rest of it is stuff I really do imagine happening.

I think it's probably natural that when you prepare for something so long and so thoroughly that you get these irrational fears that all the planning actually never happened or that some little cog in the plan will come loose and the rest of the well-oiled machine of your plan just falls apart.

In other news, we have another cake tasting at Siblings Bakery in Ventura. Since fewer people are attending than were invited (about 60 people attending, which was our original estimate), we have a little more money in our budget to spend on a cake. They told me their cost was $3.75 per slice, regardless of what kind of filling, icing, or decoration I get. I like a flat fee. And I heard from several brides online that they have really delicious cake. I'm gonna prepare all my pictures and information beforehand, so if I really like them, I can place my order on the spot.

Finally, we're trying to decide on where to go for our honeymoon. We're seriously considering Hawaii! Waikiki, Honolulu, to be precise. I'm very excited. I've been looking at flight/hotel packages online, and there are some pretty good deals out there. Several fairly affordable hotels are right near the beach, a few blocks away from the zoo and shopping, and there are apparently hiking trips you can take. I hear there are a few free buses that go around the area, shuttles to and from the airport, and lots of stuff within walking distance, so I won't need to drive! (I hate driving, and I don't think I can rent a car yet.) It sounds very fun and romantic. I just have to find a good, affordable hotel...

3 Comments:

At March 21, 2006 6:20 PM, Blogger Coldguy said...

Hawaii! Great place to visit if your purse is full. My advice is to look for colleges in Hawaii. Sometimes you can be a visitor to the dorms, and you meet some new people to hang with. Saved me a TON of cash.

 
At March 21, 2006 11:13 PM, Blogger Kristine N. said...

Hey again, Coldguy! Did you know people in Hawaii when you did that? If not, where in the dorms did you sleep? Did you just sleep with random people? I can foresee how going to a college and hoping for a place to crash could severely backfire.

Also, a dorm isn't exactly the place I'd like to be on my honeymoon. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE saving money. And my purse is certainly not full. (Well, it's full, but with receipts and candy wrappers, not money.) But there's deals to be had if you know where to look and how to look. And a honeymoon is more than just about going to a nice place for a vacation.

 
At March 22, 2006 8:19 PM, Blogger Kristine N. said...

Yes, but there are other packages too. Basically, you make your own package. Depending on which airline and hotel you choose, you get different "package" prices. So we could possibly find a cheaper one that's just as nice, so we wouldn't pay as much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home