Friday, February 17, 2006

Kinks in the Plan

I've hit a small slow point in wedding plans, partly because of Valentine's Day and Sam's birthday both taking place this week. I hope to finish the invitations this week, so I can start sending them out next week. I still have to print out another test page to figure out if they smudge too much to print on our inkjet printer. I really hope I don't have to take it to Kinko's. I heard that they don't allow you to bring your own paper...

I also went bridesmaid dress shopping with Ciara and Nimalee on Sunday, which didn't actually turn out so well, cuz they couldn't agree on a style that they both liked. I was really hoping that I could just say "Pick something you like" and they'd happily agree on something relatively similar. But they have such contrasting tastes! Nimalee likes short, simple, and fairly casual dresses. Ciara likes long, glamorous, elaborate dresses. So I might just have to make an executive decision and pick something for them. Cuz I'm worried that if they don't buy it soon, it won't be available by the wedding. There were dresses (same style, different color) that they both liked well enough, and they were on sale. So maybe I'll go there tomorrow to see if they're still available, and if they are, I'll just buy them outright. Ciara's was a little tight, but it shouldn't cost too much to have it adjusted by a seamstress. Phooey. I was really hoping this wouldn't be complicated. Ah well.

Finally, I told my mom about the wedding on Sunday. She says she's not coming. It wasn't unexpected, so I'm not feeling too worked up about it. I felt a little depressed at first, but I think I'm okay now. I'm sending her an invitation anyway. Here's hoping she changes her mind before May.

3 Comments:

At February 20, 2006 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that your Mom isn't willing to share in your happiness with you. It is sad to see her bite her nose off to spite her face, but you seem to be very confidant in your happiness with Sam and I am sure everything will fall into place once the ball starts rolling again. Can't wait to find out how the bridesmaid dresses turn out - i am having the same problem with my lot *sigh*

 
At February 20, 2006 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your mom changes her mind. My dad's parents and one of his brothers said they weren't coming the their wedding because it wasn't in a Catholic church. (My mom never bought a wedding dress because they took that weekend to drive up there and try to convince them to come and she had no other time to shop.) It took the priest to change their mind--he had to tell them it wouldn't be a sin, especially since there would be a Catholic priest as well as a Protestant one there. But it wasn't until the last minute. There's a lot of time until May, but maybe she just needs time to come to terms with it. Hopefully your dad and your brothers will come anyway, and you will still have a lovely day. Sounds like things are still going well otherwise!

 
At February 21, 2006 8:06 AM, Blogger Kristine N. said...

Thanks, all. My best friend and my dad both want to have a talk with my mom before the big day in hopes of changing her mind. But I've decided to expect the worst and hope for the best. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than sadly disappointed. My dad also wants to talk to our deacon about it, so that's a huge plus. Here's hoping!

Bridesmaid dresses have been purchased! Yay, it's finally done with! I'll update about it in a second.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home