Sunday, January 08, 2006

Finally! - Reception Location

We finally found our reception location! Hooray! It still doesn't feel quite real yet, mostly because we came upon it so fast, but I'm really very pleased.

It's called the Sportsman Restaurant and Lounge. It doesn't sound very impressive, but it's a nice restaurant that's not too fancy and not too casual. The space we'll be renting is adjustable depending on what size of a room we think would be appropriate for dinner, dancing, and activities. (They have a moveable partition to set off the space.) The walls are wood, and I think there will be some pictures on the walls. I think it'll be a little difficult to decorate, especially since we can't really attach things to the walls (except with tape), but I have a couple ideas already. I want to go over there again at some point to take some pictures of the space, so we can figure out how to decorate it. (And so I can post them here!)

The entrance has pretty wooden doors with oval glass paneling. The entrance has stone floors, a fish tank, and an Asian-inspired fountain. The bar is all wood, and our space is adjacent to it. They'll be providing a dance floor too. What's nice is that there was a party of 60 going on at the time, which is about how many people we'll be having, so we got to see how we'll be using the space. What's best is that it's pretty inexpensive. All we have to pay for is dinner, drinks, cake cutting fees, and any extras we want to add on. But there's no charge for the actual space, and the dinners aren't very expensive at all.

We decided on it pretty quickly, partly because almost every place we've called has been booked for our date, or they've been giving us the run around. (I don't really like it that we could never get a hold of the people in charge of banquets at other places. I mean, don't they want business? Even if we did get a hold of them, how're they gonna take care of us and our event if they're never there?) We definitely like it better than Casa Sirena - the building is newer, the room is bigger, and the place as a whole is nicer. It's even a little cheaper too. And the manager that we met with was very nice and on top of things.

So it's not the garden reception I had originally wanted, but it sounds like it'll still be very nice. I'm just glad the search for a location is finally over! Now I can concentrate on the fun wedding stuff, like designing invitations and making centerpieces. Yay!

2 Comments:

At January 09, 2006 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh congratulations! How exciting - now onto the fun stuff indeed! I'm still umming and ahhing about table decorations - will swop creative ideas as and when they strike!

 
At January 09, 2006 9:20 AM, Blogger Kristine N. said...

Thanks! Table decorations will be a little tricky for me too, partly because we'll be having long rectangular tables instead of centerpiece-friendly round tables like we anticipated. But I don't think it'll be that hard for me to adapt my original centerpiece plans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home