Thursday, January 26, 2006

Online Shenanigans and Other Stuff

I've been very busy this week, ordering things for the wedding and all. On Monday, I placed my paper order with EnvelopeMall.com, which strangely had to be done over the phone. I'm expecting it to come probably by the beginning of next week, but I'm hoping they come a little sooner. I ordered a LOT of paper, and I think I'll probably have some left over.

I also bought a Giant Magnolia Kit from Paper-Source.com, which I'm planning to use for our church pew and reception decorations. I had considered actually using paper flowers for the bouquet flowers... They're beautiful, really inexpensive, and just so unique and impressive. A girl over on The Knot used all paper flowers, and they looked awesome. But I'm thinking I'd miss having real flowers... I do love roses. Once again, my head and heart are battling each other out. My head's going, "Paper flowers!! That's so COOL! And look how practical!" and my heart's going, "Aww... roses! So sentimental and sweet and lovely and traditional. Look how romantic they are!" And then all the rest of me chimes in with, "Yarg!! Stop it! Just decide on something already!" ...I have a fun life. o.O;;

Ebay has been really cool for finding great deals on expensive stuff. I decided to scrap the making homemade lanterns idea cuz it's not as cost-effective as I thought and I don't think I have time anymore to experiment with the etching cream. (My perfectionist tendencies got the better of me and thought, "AAAHH!! What if I screw up and they're ugly?") So I bought these cool metal lanterns on Ebay. They have kanji on the sides for Love, Joy, Peace, and Harmony. They're technically supposed to be Chinese, but they pass well enough for Japanese. (The kanji for Love is the same, so that's good enough for me) I figure that gives the personalized feel I want without the stress of making them in amongst all the other things I need to take care of before the wedding.

Finally, I think I've decided on a dress. The seller of the Ebay dresses from a few posts down also sells a copy of one of the dresses I really liked, the Maggie Sottero Courtney. It's almost exactly the same. And I can save myself from getting alterations because it'll be custom sewn according to my measurements. Admittedly, though I have my heart set on having a dress with color, I'm a little nervous about changing the embroidery color... I hope it looks good with blue.

I also found this dress, modeled after the Mori Lee 3609 style that I liked, but I think it doesn't look like the quality is as good as the Courtney dress. They also replaced the crystals on the bodice with pearls, which isn't as cool. It's still pretty, though...

I've been so busy lately! And it's just gonna keep getting busier! All my weekends are just one wedding event after another. Yikes! That reminds me - we still need to arrange for our cake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home