Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Dress Shopping (con't) - Camarillo Bridal

The dress saga continues! o.O;;

We stopped by Ciara's house for a snack, but it ended up that Ciara had to leave cuz her sister had a track meet. So Nimalee and I arrived at Camarillo Bridal about 25 minutes late for my 3pm appointment. The shop was very small, but they still had a lot of bridal gowns to choose from. It was hard selecting dresses, though, because you basically had to sort through smooshed dresses in clear garment bags and try to imagine if it looked good on you or not. (With David's Bridal, they gave you a catalog so you could see what it would look like on an actual person, which was nice) Anyway, I picked out some dresses and went to the dressing room to put on the strapless bra thing and crinoline.

Remember that dress that I really liked from my second post? Well, I found it at the bridal shop! It was the first dress I tried on (Maggie Sottero, called Vidal, or something like that). But, funnily enough, I didn't like it a whole lot when it was on me. I thought it looked okay, but I wasn't crazy about it. And there were so many beads! It was too sparkly and too scratchy. A little too ornamented for wearing in a somewhat casual wedding. Unfortunately, we forgot to bring the camera when I walked out to the mirror. I would've liked to use the color for reference to see how the blue looks on me. Ah well.

So the first dress I have a picture of is a very pretty Mori Lee dress. The more I look at the pictures, the more I like it. Here, take a look!

I like that it's simple but unique at the front and it gives me a slight hourglassy shape. Nice! (I was a little disappointed that they didn't give me a veil to try on with it. I think the veil really makes the dress look "complete".)


When you get to the back, it just gets even more unique! I bet it looks great trailing down the aisle...


I think the bottom of the train looks a little awkward, but I bet it would look super cool bustled.

Next was another Maggie Sottero dress, style Courtney. I really like this one too. I never really liked the drape thing across the waist when I was looking at dresses online, but it makes my stomach look AWESOME. I was really surprised by how much I liked it. Oh, and I love the embroidery on this dress.


Please excuse the dumb expression on my face. Nimalee took the picture while I was looking away. (I thought she took it already!)


Detail of the front panel. It's nice you get to see the actual color of the dress here. (The store lighting makes the other ones look gold/yellow) Would you believe I was standing on a pedestal when this picture was taken? It was still dragging on the floor. I'm so short!


I LOVE the embroidery on the back. But look at the crazy way I'm laced up! Silly bridal shop lady!

Next was a discontinued dress, Maggie Sottero's Katherine. I think this was the dress I liked the least out of everything I tried on that day, but I have a lot of pictures of it for some odd reason. I'll only post a few, though.


The back had these really weird flaps that you tied behind you. And there were little peach roses all over the front and back of the dress that looked a little weird too.


Here's the front, with a big puff of my hair obscuring my face. (My head's kinda cut off too! Thanks Nim! =P) I liked the embroidery on the bottom panels and the train.

Last was another Maggie Sottero (I like her dresses!), dress style Bethani. This one was possibly my favorite, just because it made me look really damn good. (With a really damn expensive price tag, but I'll ignore that for a moment)


Excuse another weird expression on my face. =P I really like the combination of the satin and then the fluffiness at the side and top. It's got that drape thing that I like too. (Aren't technical terms fun?) The embroidery was a gold-like color.


The back is lovely too. I LOVE the subtle curve it gives me.


Back detail. I really like the embroidery. And the girl did a pretty good job lacing me up too!


And the front detail. I just love how that drape thing makes my stomach look!

I could've tried on more dresses, but I was getting a little tired of dress shopping, and it took about 10 minutes to get me into each lace-up dress. Nimalee tried on a few bridesmaid dresses, but the selection was pretty limited. After a few pictures, Nimalee and I left the store and went to Target. Exciting!

So my favorites out of the whole dress shopping extravaganza turned out to be all at the Camarillo Bridal store. In order, I liked the Bethani, the Courtney, and the Mori Lee dresses. Thankfully, I know where to get the last two made online. But more on that later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home