Saturday, January 28, 2006

Another Productive Weekend!

Things are going pretty well from the wedding planning front. Hooray!

My paper order came today, and I'm very pleased. The pale blue cardstock is perfect - cheery, smooth, shimmery, and thick. I love it! And the regular paper is a gorgeous shimmery pearl color. It's not too thick, but thicker than regular computer paper. I've got translucent vellum sheets for various applications (invitation overlays, bellybands, placecards...) and pale blue envelopes to boot. Awesome. Envelope Mall is the greatest!

I've also finished designing the majority of our invitations. I'm really very happy with how the design turned out. They're so pretty! The only thing left to do is design the cover page, and figure out the layout in Microsoft Word. I ended up making the pages all the same size, and I don't think I want to mess with the designs I've already created, so I may scrap my original idea. (I feel like I've changed my mind a million billion times with everything - especially for the invitations! Why can't I make up my mind about what I want?) My newest idea is to make the invitations into mini-booklets, since it seems like we'll be having a slightly book-themed reception. I really have no idea what's going on with this wedding sometimes.

This weekend has been pretty productive, and yet far more relaxing than my past 3 weekends. I might play with the layout tomorrow, and then try a few test runs with cheapo paper. I'm still deciding whether to get my paper cut at Kinko's, since I have to go there to have a sign printed for Sam's work anyway. I have my own paper cutter, but I'm a little nervous about cutting my beautiful new paper myself...

Finally, I updated our Knot wedding website. It actually has stuff on it now! I just need to update the guestlist, the RSVP option, and the registry information. You can find it at
http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/KristineCastillo&SamNegron or http://tinyurl.com/ckwj8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home