Sunday, February 26, 2006

Finished Invitations!

Lots of progress this weekend! Invitations are pretty much done. About 1/4th of them need to be punched and assembled, and then the envelopes need to be addressed, and then send them out! Here are pictures of the finished product, with some names/numbers/addresses smudged out to protect the innocent:


Here's the front. The first page is just a translucent vellum overlay.

The actual invitation. Sorry for the funny picture angles! (It's hard to take pictures one-handed)

Reception page with entree options.

RSVP page.


Music request page.

Directions to the church.


I made vellum bellybands to put around each invitation with the guests' names on them. This takes the place of the traditional inner envelope.

Finally, the whole thing disassembled.

Designing it was easy, but it's very labor intensive to print, cut, and holepunch. But I cut most of them while watching a Simpsons DVD, so it wasn't too bad. I think I'd do it all over again, if I had the option. But I wish we had a laserjet printer and an industrial holepuncher (if there is such a thing). The laserjet would have made printing faster and less worrying, since we wouldn't have had to stress out about smudging. And we already broke a holepuncher (Not yours, Nimalee! Don't worry!) while punching through all those pages of thick paper and cardstock. So we bought another one today, which isn't as easy on the hands as the other one. I am very pleased with the finished product, though. I think it looks very elegant.

Another picture post to come in just a bit!

3 Comments:

At February 27, 2006 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - they look AMAZING! Well done you! It must be getting so excitnig now that the invitations are going out - you've done a great job! *round of applause*

 
At February 27, 2006 7:51 AM, Blogger Kristine N. said...

Thanks, Sharon! I'm very happy with the way they turned out. I can't wait till people start getting them!

Now to show them off around the internet! Off to Craftster! ;)

 
At March 09, 2006 5:09 PM, Blogger CoconutNimz said...

lol....no worries about the hole puncher...it's yours now anyway! oh by the way, my invitation is beautiful!! that's goin in the memory box!! dude, did you know my best friend's getting married?!?!? WTF?!??!?! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home